Our infant program is designed to meet the individual needs of infants six weeks to 12 months. The infant program at Cuddlebugs Learning Center is developmentally appropriate. Our daily program has activities that will allow your infant time to grow, as well as explore, experiment, discover and play. Our infant curriculum goals are as follows:
- Encourage language and literacy development
- Enhance physical development skills by allowing infants to move comfortably by providing open carpeted areas
- To provide regular outside experiences
- To encourage creative expression through music, activities and art
- To incorporate routine tasks such as eating , diapering, etc., as a means for furthering an infants’ learning, self-help, and social skills
- To provide infants with many one-on-one, face-to-face interactions. All interactions are characterized by gentle and supportive responses.
- To foster infants with a positive identity, and sense of well-being by rocking , holding, and cuddling
- To allow infants to achieve mastery of their bodies through self-initiated motor skills such as rolling, sitting, standing, etc.
- To encourage infants to think, reason, question and experiment. One way to encourage this is to provide simple toys that respond to infants’ initiations, so they may witness cause and effect.